Title: Operations Manager-Aero Division
Report to: CEO of Aero Division
Working Location: Shanghai
1. Assists company officers and senior staff members in the development and deployment of long and short-term planning, policies, programs and objectives.
2. Develops the manufacturing plan and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
3. Achieves optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan.
4. Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
5. Directs and monitors department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures. Acts as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
6. Hires, trains, develop and evaluate staff. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consults with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
7. Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Directs the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
8. Directs and coordinates continuous improvement programs
9. Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.) according to Corporate standards.
10. Manage full supply chain horizon from S&OP horizon to MPS and Production Execution
11. Manage workload versus capacity on 18 months period to meet with customer requirements by implementing the required industrial capacity
12. Manage supplier demand though ERP : forecast, purchase orders, order confirmation, performance
13. Manage product industrialization as per industrial standards (design for manufacturing, PFMEA, …)
14. Build and propose budget related to Operations scope as per Corp/Site GM guidelines and objectives
15. Build and monitor monthly sales and back orders forecast with related monitoring and achievement
16. Manage Customer OTD on a weekly base, define and deploy related structural improvement action plan and share it with key customers
17. Manage and reduce Inventories by defining and deploying related policies, process and tools (ERP set up, ABC classification, excess management, MPS, supplier demand scheduling, …)
18. Manage and improve Supplier OTD by defining and deploying development plan (supplier audit, logistic protocol, safety stock, VMI, Kanban, ABC classification, …)
19. Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
1. Engineering diploma or equivalent level or experience
2. 10 years of experience in Operations Management
3. Excellent team work spirit
4. experience in aero industry, or relevant experiences
5. Fluent English
6. Lean Manufacturing tools (5S, TPM, FMEA, one-piece flow process, Kaizen, etc.)
7. Supply Chain tools (S&OP, MPS, MRPII, make to order, Inventory management)
8. Purchasing skills (commodity management, project purchasing, negotiation, contractualisation)
9. Financial & Working Capital follow-up abilities, make or buy analysis knowledge
10. Communication and team building strong abilities
11. Strong leadership skills
12. Decision maker
13. Business and results oriented
14. Demanding, able to interact with other internal departments and his management